Scholarship Application Instructions and Information
Thank you for your interest in Hill House’s Scholarship Program. We are proud to award financial aid to applicants each year. It is our hope that Hill House classes, athletics and summer camps remain accessible year-round to families and children of all financial backgrounds. While our program fees are kept competitively low, we recognize the issue of affordability. To assist participants in meeting this challenge, we allocate scholarships on a need-base each season. Please take note of seasonal deadlines and remember that each season is its own entity. Applicants must submit an updated scholarship application form each season and updated financial verification documentation annually. Scholarship applicants are asked to pay a minimum of 25% of the Hill House Member program fee. Applications and all supplemental materials must be received by the seasonal dates below. Late applications will only be considered on a case-by-case basis. A separate Hill House Scholarship Application must be submitted for each applicant.
Please submit your application with supporting documents to our Executive Director, Lauren Hoops-Schmieg. You can email them to Lauren, drop them off at the firehouse, or fax them to (617) 227-9251. All applications and financial information will be kept confidential.
- Hill House Scholarship Application
- Income Verification: two recent W2's, current federal income tax returns, and/or government benefit verification letters
- Fall Applications will be accepted through August 1
- Winter Applications will be accepted through November 1
- Spring Applications will be accepted through February 1
- Summer Applications will be accepted through March 1
To be eligible for a Hill House Program Scholarship, a child must qualify as at least one of the following:
- An individual temporarily in need of assistance as part of an unemployed or otherwise needy family.
- A recipient of Free or Reduced School Lunch
- A Foster Child
- A child of Medicaid
And must also:
- Be enrolled in school (K-12) if age permits
- Commit to attend 100% of the scheduled program meetings and games (if applicable).
- Reside within the Boston city limits or attend school within Boston city limits at the time of participation.
All requests will be kept confidential.
AWARD NOTIFICATION PROCESS
Once your scholarship application and income verification documents have been received and processed, we will determine whether your child is an appropriate candidate for scholarship allocation, and at what level. You should expect to hear from a member of the Hill House administrative team within two weeks of the seasonal scholarship deadline, if not sooner. Depending on the circumstances, we may opt to conduct a phone interview if additional information is needed.
DONATING TO SUPPORT OUR SCHOLARSHIP FUND
Would you like to support Hill House's scholarship fund and make our programs more accessible to our greater Boston community? Click here to donate or contact Katy Keches or Molly Ross to discuss ways to contribute to Hill House at a deeper level.
Hill House is an open community. In order to make its programs available to the widest possible audience Hill House awards need-based scholarships. We will continue to seek to fulfill the needs of our community by awarding the maximum amount in scholarships that our budget allows. A priority will be given to families living or working in the core geographic areas we serve and we will seek to develop meaningful relationships with families by using scholarships to become an integral, long-term part of their lives. The ultimate goal of the program is to award scholarships to the same participant for many years creating continuity and consistency for the family.