Winter registration is now open for members and for non-members!
Browse our winter offerings
Mind Your Manners:
Beyond Please & Thank You Session I (6-9 years)
This fun and unique class will help strengthen your child's social skills and heighten their awareness of manners and self-presentation. Furthermore, we will work with them to improve their ability to manage their own behavior at home, at school, on play dates and in restaurants. Students will learn by enjaging in role-playing activities, class participation and improvisation. The second to last class is held at a local upscale restaurant where students practice and perfect their newly acquired skills while participating in a four-course meal! Please note, class will not take place at the regularly scheduled space on that day.
The curriculum covers a wide array of etiquette topics including:
- Basic manners review and introduction
- Family etiquette: being kind to your siblings and parents
- Good guest etiquette: social cues, proper meeting and greeting, presents
- Hospitable host etiquette: invitations and writing a meaningful thank you note
- Out-on-the-town manners
- Table manners, proper use of utensils and table setting
- Table manners practice class at a restaurant over a multi-course meal
- Certificate ceremony and program review in front of parents on last day
This program taught by Ms. Pejic.
Register now: Wednesdays at 4:30
Please note: To help shape the curriculum of this program, the instructor asks that the parents of every participant fill out this assessment form prior to the first class of the semester.
Interested in all of our enrichment program offerings?
Visit our programs page to see all of our classes!