Hill House United
BAYS Travel Soccer (Grade 3 to 6)
A competitive offering with top coaches to develop each and every player in the program.
All tryout players will be notified by the end of this week. If you couldn't attend the tryout but would like to be considered for a team starting Fall 2018, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Hill House United Overview
Hill House United is a travel soccer program for more advanced soccer players looking to learn, commit, compete and develop their skills at a higher level. Teams will play against local towns' travel teams in the Boston Area Youth Soccer league (BAYS) in both the fall AND spring. Participation requires a significant commitment due to the travel involved. All travel is limited to the Greater Boston area.
Hill House United Tryouts and 2018-2019 Season
Hill House has teams at Grade 3, 4, 5 and 6 for both boys and girls.
Grade 3 (formerly U9)
Players must be entering third grade AND born in 2009 or later.
Grade 4 (formerly U10):
Players must be in third or fourth grade AND born in 2008 or later.
Grade 5 (formerly U11):
Players must be in the fifth grade or below AND born in 2007 or later.
Grade 6 (formerly U12):
Players must be in the sixth grade or below AND born in 2006 or later.
- Hill House only offers one team at each age group and requires players to be selected at a tryout.
- To be considered for a Hill House United team, all new players must attend a tryout.
- These will be held at Teddy Ebersol's Red Sox Field (TERSF).
- Player must fall into one of the above categories to be considered.
- Current players should inform their team manager if they want to be considered for selection next year.
- New players going into Grade 4,5 or 6 should register for the tryout on Friday May 18, 5:30 at TERSF. If you can't attend this date please contact email@example.com
- New players going into Grade 3 should register for the tryout on Sunday May 20, 3:30 at TERSF.
If you can't attend this date please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Players will be evaluated and selected on both their attitude and ability.
Hill House United offers:
- A professional or club level head coach for each team
- Weekly team practice in the fall and spring
- Entry into Boston Area Youth Soccer League
- A full uniform for every player
- Weekly foot skills clinic in the fall and spring
Weekly "Foot Skills" clinic
Held on Mondays in the fall and spring seasons, these clinics are open to all Hill House United players and will be focused on ball manipulation and increasing technical skills. Every player will have a soccer ball and the emphasis will be on getting as many touches on the ball as possible while building up the complexity of skill each week. Each clinic will finish with small sided games where new skills will be encouraged to be used in a game situation. These clinics will be directed by the Hill House United Director of Coaching, Sam Renshaw.
Spring 2018 United Schedule and Standings
|Team||Grade 3 Boys||Grade 4 Boys||Grade 5 Boys||Grade 6 Boys||Grade 3 Girls||Grade 4 Girls||Grade 5 Girls||Grade 6 Girls|
|Coach||Pat||Sam||Jefferson||Billy & Larry||Whitney||Abby||Pat||Mike & Meg|
|Schedule & Standings||2/C|| 2/C
Director of Coaching - Sam Renshaw
- NSCAA Director of Coaching Diploma
NSCAA National Diploma
- NSCAA Goalkeeping Level 1
- USC Futsal Level 1 Diploma
- FA Youth Award Module 1 & 2
- FA Level 1
- BS Business Studies and Sports Sciences
- Over ten years of youth soccer coaching in Europe, Africa and USA
- Coaching Director at English FA Elite Regional Academy
- Football Development Officer at English FA
- Head of Elite Performance (Soccer) - Isle of Man
- "Proformance Academy"coach (alongside Shalrie Joseph)
- Head coach at numerous MA club teams
- Regional manager at Play Soccer
- Academy manager at John Smith Sports Academy
Abbey Villa Soccer Club
Hill House United Coach Supplier
Abbey Villa S.C. ("AVSC") emphasizes a player-centered development approach based on the Dutch principle of play. This philosophy emphasizes developing complete players, technically and tactically, so they can perform in any situation on the field. AVSC's player development model focuses on building each player's technical ability within a controlled "pass and move" style of soccer with the objective to maintain possession of the ball. It believes that players at a young age (U8 to U18) taught to play this way will develop superior first touch and when older can easily adjust to a more direct ("kick and rush") game if and when the tactics demand.
Teddy Ebersol's Red Sox Fields and Parking
The Ebersol fields are home to United Soccer. Located right on the Esplanade, these fields can best be accessed by the MBTA on the red line (Charles/MGH), as well as the orange and green lines (North Station/Science Park). By foot they are accessible via the footbridges at corner of Charles St & Cambridge St or at the bottom of Blossom St. Parking is limited, but there is a small lot accessible off of Storrow Drive. Aside from this space, metered parking is available on Charles St, Cambridge St, and across the bridge in Cambridge within walking distance.