Hill House United
BAYS Travel Soccer (Grade 3 to 6)
The travel soccer season comes to a close this week. Congratulations to those who were successful in our recent tryouts.
Hill House United Overview
Hill House United is a travel soccer program for more advanced soccer players looking to learn, commit, compete and develop their skills at a higher level. Teams will play against local towns' travel teams in the Boston Area Youth Soccer league (BAYS) in both the fall AND spring. Participation requires a significant commitment due to the travel involved. All travel is limited to the Greater Boston area.
Spring 2017 United Schedule and Standings
|Grade 3 Boys||Grade 4 Boys||Grade 3 Girls
||Grade 4 Girls
||Grade 5 Girls
||Grade 6 Girls
|Coach Alistair||Coach Conor||Coach Billy||Coach Des||Coach Pat||Coach Meg||Coach Mike|
Hill House United 2017-2018
Hill House will be entering teams at Grade 3, 4, 5 and 6. Please follow the criteria below as to where your child will be in September 2017.
Grade 3 (formerly U9)
Players must be in third grade AND born in 2008 or later.
Grade 4 (formerly U10):
Players must be in third or fourth grade AND born in 2007 or later.
Grade 5 (formerly U11):
Players must be in the fifth grade or below AND born in 2006 or later.
Grade 6 (formerly U12):
Players must be in the sixth grade or below AND born in 2005 or later.
Hill House United has had it's annual tryouts. If you missed these tryouts and interested in joining the travel program, please contact Sam Renshaw, firstname.lastname@example.org .
Hill House United offers:
- A professional or club level head coach for each team
- Weekly team practice in the fall and spring
- Entry into Boston Area Youth Soccer League
- A full uniform for every player
- Weekly foot skills clinic in the fall and spring
- Entry into a local tournament
Weekly "Foot Skills" clinic
Held on Mondays in the fall and spring seasons, these clinics are open to all Hill House United players and will be focused on ball manipulation and increasing technical skills. Every player will have a soccer ball and the emphasis will be on getting as many touches on the ball as possible while building up the complexity of skill each week. Each clinic will finish with small sided games where new skills will be encouraged to be used in a game situation. These clinics will be directed by the Hill House United Director of Coaching, Sam Renshaw.
Director of Coaching - Sam Renshaw
- NSCAA Director of Coaching Diploma
NSCAA National Diploma
- NSCAA Goalkeeping Level 1
- FA Youth Award Module 1 & 2
- FA Level 1
- BS Business Studies and Sports Sciences
- Over ten years of youth soccer coaching in Europe, Africa and USA
- Coaching Director at English FA Elite Regional Academy
- Football Development Officer at English FA
- Head of Elite Performance (Soccer) - Isle of Man
- "Proformance Academy"coach (alongside Shalrie Joseph)
- Head coach at numerous MA club teams
- Regional manager at Play Soccer
- Academy manager at John Smith Sports Academy
New this year: coaches from Abbey Villa Soccer Club
Abbey Villa S.C. ("AVSC") emphasizes a player-centered development approach based on the Dutch principle of play. This philosophy emphasizes developing complete players, technically and tactically, so they can perform in any situation on the field. AVSC's player development model focuses on building each player's technical ability within a controlled "pass and move" style of soccer with the objective to maintain possession of the ball. It believes that players at a young age (U8 to U18) taught to play this way will develop superior first touch and when older can easily adjust to a more direct ("kick and rush") game if and when the tactics demand.